It’s important to understand that we do not work with everyone. Not everyone who calls our office becomes our patients- you must have the criteria for care, meaning you have to be qualified by one of our doctors to be seen in the office.
The steps involved in becoming a patient are:
- Call to Qualify for Care
- Comprehensive Physical Exam
- Individualized Treatment Plan
Step 1. Call to qualify for care
Call our office today at 408.585.5275. Our staff will ask you preliminary questions to see if you qualify for care in our practice. Due to the unique specializations of our team of doctors, not everyone who contacts our office is a good candidate. If it’s determined that you are a good candidate for our care, you’ll proceed to our comprehensive physical examination.
Step 2. Comprehensive physical examination
What sets us apart from our competition is our Comprehensive Physical Examination. The exam is to figure out exactly where the problem is and will let us know how we can help you.
After an in depth interview about your health history, we perform a comprehensive Functional Neurological exam, which includes neurological, physical, spinal and orthopedic evaluations. This is especially important because it is crucial to have knowledge of the systems in your body and how they are interacting with each other.
Some of the evaluation techniques we use are:
- Blind Spot Testing
- Coordination Assessment
- Cognitive Evaluation
- Primitive Reflex Assessment
- Sensory/Motor Testing
- Oxygen Saturation Monitoring
- Optokinetic Analysis
- Balance/Vestibular Testing
- Comprehensive Blood Chemistry Analysis
- Additional testing if necessary (MRI, CT, NCV/EMG, etc)
Traditional physical exams are also used. The doctor will perform a visual exam, blood pressure, and heart and lung screening. We also do stress testing to evaluate your autonomic nervous system, which directly deals with stress.
In addition, we take into consideration your past medical history and any prior testing that you’ve done in the past. It is important to see where you’ve been and where you are at now.
As you can see, the Comprehensive Physical Examination is an important step in helping you solve your issues. This appointment alone takes 1-2 hours. Depending on what we find during the exam, we may recommend additional testing in order to figure out exactly what other things are influencing your conditions.
Step 3. Individualized treatment plan
Once the Comprehensive Physical Examination is complete, we will use that information along with any test results to create an individualized treatment plan. We’ll prepare a report of findings to tell you everything you need to know about your condition; what’s going on, how we can fix it, and how long it’ll take. This may also include additional lab work or follow up testing.
Frequently asked questions about becoming a patient…
– Do you take payment plans? Yes! We offer several payment options, which are discussed when outlining care.
– Do you accept credit cards? Yes! We accept Visa, Discover, and Mastercard. We also accept cash or check.
– Are your patients referred to you? Most patients are referred to our clinic from other patients as well as other health care practitioners (medical doctors, nurse practitioners, chiropractors, optometrists, dentist, physical/occupational therapist, acupuncturists, nutritionists, massage therapists, etc)
We will find the root cause of your problem and work to get you a solution to your condition.